For the past several months I've been thinking about starting a blog, but thought, who would want to read it? After reading a few other recent blogs of family members, I realized it is a really good way to keep in touch with family and friends. I don't know how enthused Keith is about blogging -- maybe this will convert him.
What we are up to:
Keith just finished his first year of law school at the University of Utah! He is currently in school full-time this summer. Only two years from now he will be graduating! Keith is doing very well and still keeping his options open for what type of law he would like to practice. He seems most excited about taking sports law this fall. I think if he could somehow incorporate sports or video games into a future career, he would never really have a "job."
March of this year marked my 5-year anniversary working for the Department of Workforce Services. In February, I changed positions and am now working as a Program Specialist for the Salt Lake area. This new job has served to be a great experience in developing leadership and communication skills. I do miss being on the front line, but enjoy the opportunity I have to influence change (however small this may be).
Currently, Keith and I are serving as Nursery Leaders in our branch. Yes, that is right, we attend a branch which is one of the only English-speaking branches in the Salt Lake Valley. What joy it has been watching these little children learn and grow! I remember when all the older children left to got to Sunbeams in January. I was worried as we only had a few very young children left - all under 2 years old. Lessons sometimes seemed like talking to a wall. But children are just little spounges! Last week I was so happy to be able to help one little girl say the opening prayer and see all the kids energetically doing the actions to "Popcorn Popping" during our singing time. What a great calling this has been for us!
Well, I am excited to start blogging. Come check out what the Johnson Family is up to once in a while!
Merry Christmas
9 years ago
4 comments:
love your blog! I've linked your blog to mine. Can't wait to read more...
ASH I felt like I was getting a Christmas letter early, I loved it!
Ash, you are too cute. I loved reading your blog!
Oh how I love you two! For living just around the corner we don't spend near enought time together! :) It's fun to read about you and look at the pictures! Keep blogging!
Love, Hannah
Post a Comment