"Leaving San Francisco is like saying goodbye to an old sweetheart. You want to linger as long as possible. " - Walter Cronkite
This month I was lucky enough to travel to San Francisco with my mom, sisters and brother. Being there brings back so many great memories of my childhood and of course my honeymoon! Sadly, Keith wasn't able to come, but I sure did have a great time! Here are some highlights from the trip:
* The Cheesecake Factory. For a few weeks leading up to the trip, my sister Casey talked about how amazing this place was. We all pretty much got talked into going. After eating there, I am converted as well! From now on, wherever I travel, I plan to see if there is a Cheesecake Factory and eat there if I can. In San Francisco, the restaurant is located on the 8th floor of the Macy’s building in Union Square and it has such a beautiful view. Check out the pics! …And the food was divine!
* Attending the sealing of Paul, Sherri and their two sweet boys was very special. Our vacation was planned around this event and how great it was to see their family be sealed together for eternity. In life, when all is said and done, this is all that really matters. How thankful I am for my own eternal family!
* Family Time. After the sealing, Paul and Sherri had an open house at their home. All the extended family that had come converged on their living room and talked for hours. It was great to catch up with family and reminisce about old times. Visiting San Francisco every Easter, summer or Thanksgiving while growing up really gave us a lot to talk about. How I do miss spending endless days at my grandparent's pool, singing Karaoke late into the night and dining at various restaurants.
Vacations are so refreshing! This one certainly game me the rejuvenation I needed to keep me going through the summer. Hopefully, the next one won't be too far away!
This month I was lucky enough to travel to San Francisco with my mom, sisters and brother. Being there brings back so many great memories of my childhood and of course my honeymoon! Sadly, Keith wasn't able to come, but I sure did have a great time! Here are some highlights from the trip:
* The Cheesecake Factory. For a few weeks leading up to the trip, my sister Casey talked about how amazing this place was. We all pretty much got talked into going. After eating there, I am converted as well! From now on, wherever I travel, I plan to see if there is a Cheesecake Factory and eat there if I can. In San Francisco, the restaurant is located on the 8th floor of the Macy’s building in Union Square and it has such a beautiful view. Check out the pics! …And the food was divine!
* Attending the sealing of Paul, Sherri and their two sweet boys was very special. Our vacation was planned around this event and how great it was to see their family be sealed together for eternity. In life, when all is said and done, this is all that really matters. How thankful I am for my own eternal family!
* Family Time. After the sealing, Paul and Sherri had an open house at their home. All the extended family that had come converged on their living room and talked for hours. It was great to catch up with family and reminisce about old times. Visiting San Francisco every Easter, summer or Thanksgiving while growing up really gave us a lot to talk about. How I do miss spending endless days at my grandparent's pool, singing Karaoke late into the night and dining at various restaurants.
Vacations are so refreshing! This one certainly game me the rejuvenation I needed to keep me going through the summer. Hopefully, the next one won't be too far away!
Sisters - Casey, Ashley and Joey at El Torito!
View from the Cheesecake Factory (check out Tiffany's and Saks in the background).
The bay at dusk.
Shopping in downtown SF.
The Conley Family
1 comment:
We had so much fun:) Can't wait to go back!
Post a Comment