We have been keeping very busy with school, work and of course play. One of the most eventful happenings this month was the birth of our newest niece, Lilly Jeanette Weitzel. She was born on July 1st and is the most darling little baby! I have never seen a newborn with so much hair. What a little princess! Can’t wait for our own little ones.
Fireworks have always been one of my favorite things! With that said, the 4th of July is always a holiday I look forward to and this year was no different. Thanks to Ian and his little trip to Wyoming, the family enjoyed a great firework show! Even though Keith says he isn’t a big fan of fireworks, he always jumps right in to help light/direct the show. I was also impressed with my new camera – look how great it captured the fireworks!
We have also been spending as much free time as we can at the pool. There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a dip in the pool. How fun it has been to have family come over and enjoy this little oasis with us. Most certainly the highlight of this past Saturday was the “flip” show put on by my niece, Kaela and nephew, Mack. This little production took me back to the countless hours spent at my Grandparent’s pool in San Francisco while growing up. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for those memories! Besides the fun, I am also enjoying the tan color of my usually pale skin. Keith and I debated in church today who had the better tan. I think he won.
Sadly, Keith and I are moving next week. I am really going to miss our little place. We have made some great memories here. I love being able to slip on my sneakers and go for a run just outside my door on the Jordan Parkway. Having I-15 so close has also made for quick commutes to work and school. Our tradition of moving every year couldn’t be broken, so we are packing up and moving to a new place. Despite our genuine adoration for our current place, we are excited for a new adventure and another bedroom! Our first two-bedroom is certainly a welcomed upgrade! Let us know if you don’t have much going on in the next few weeks and you can help us pack!
Sadly, Keith and I are moving next week. I am really going to miss our little place. We have made some great memories here. I love being able to slip on my sneakers and go for a run just outside my door on the Jordan Parkway. Having I-15 so close has also made for quick commutes to work and school. Our tradition of moving every year couldn’t be broken, so we are packing up and moving to a new place. Despite our genuine adoration for our current place, we are excited for a new adventure and another bedroom! Our first two-bedroom is certainly a welcomed upgrade! Let us know if you don’t have much going on in the next few weeks and you can help us pack!
2 comments:
Thanks a ton for the use of your pool! Totally agree--it has served as the perfect oasis this summer:)
Love your updated blog. So sad you are moving. I have loved the pool, but on to bigger and better things. As for the tan, I think Karissa takes the cake!!! =)
Post a Comment