Friday, November 30, 2007

Still Alive

Well, I apologize to all my loyal blog readers (if there are any?) for my lack of posts these last few months. I am alive and well! Here is a recap of a few highlights from November:

Keith's Birthday
So, I really wanted to surprise Keith this year with something he wasn't expecting. We generally have a hard time making decisions without each other. Usually, we go shopping together for birthday and Christmas gifts for each other. I told Keith a few days before his birthday that I hadn't gotten him anything yet and so we planned to just go shopping on his birthday. Secretly, I bought him Guitar Hero III and left it in the trunkof the car. I had such a hard time keeping it a secret and ended up giving him his present right at midnight on his birthday. Keith was really surprised, which was genuinely fun to see. We have had several Guitar Hero parties this month with family and friends - ROCK ON!

We also celebrated the week of Keith's birthday by dining at some fun restaurants. We went to Lugano, maybe my favorite Italian place these days and the Cheesecake Factory, so yummy even after the 2 1/2 hour wait!















(K & A at the Cheesecake Factory)

Time Out for Women
Joey, my older sister, and I went to a Leadership seminar called "Time Out for Women," a few weeks ago. Lately, work for me has had me thinking how I, just one person, can make a difference. After this conference, I realized how large my scope of influence truly is not only at work, but also in the home, at church and in my community. This conference was such a great spiritual boost for me. I challenge anyone who reads this to evaluate what more you can to be a righteous, faithful and competent leader.

My favorite quote from the conference: "It is a wonderful thing to be faithful, but a much greater thing to be both faithful and competent. There is no particular virtue in being uninformed, certainly no virtue in ignorance. When you can acquire the skills...and the knowledge of these times, and along with it have a spiritual commitment and a solid faith and cleanliness of life, there is nothing you can't achieve." - Elder Richard L. Evans.














(Time Out with Joey)

Thanksgiving
I have always loved Thanksgiving. This may possibly be because it seems to usher in the Christmas Season, but also because of the intense focus on gratitude. This year I have been a little overwhelmed by how blessed I truly am. I am particularly grateful for my wonderful husband, my sweet family, my education, wonderful friends and my testimony of the gospel. How blessed I am to know were I came from, were I am going and what happens after this life.

Hope you all had a wonderful November!

6 comments:

Casey said...

Love your post and love you! You are just beautiful inside and out:) So grateful to have you!

Corky said...

You look so cute!! Looks like you guys have been having fun!

The Gentry's said...

That time out seminar sounds like it was really great! I'm echoing what others have said, but you do look really great. Oh, and how have you become a BYU fan!?

joey said...

Ash...so glad you updated. So grateful you are my sister and friend. Love you so much and so thankful for all the recent fun times we have had together.

Sarah said...

you are so wonderful! i'm glad we've become friends.

Sarah said...

i tagged you. i guess go to my blog and see what to do!