Friday, December 7, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by my sister Joey! The name of this game is to answer the following 10 questions and then tag 4 other friends to do the same on their blogs. I wrote this a few weeks ago and just finished it today. (I didn't just have Thanksgiving leftovers with my family!)

Best thing you cooked last week... I actually made a really yummy pumpkin pie to take to my family dinner last Sunday. We had Thanksgiving leftovers, however all the pie had been devoured. This was only my second attempt at making pumpkin pie and I have to say, it was tasty! I impressed myself. Really, it was pretty simple; I just used the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin.

If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who... 1. Paris with Keith to visit Jon and Celine. 2. Cuba. I know this isn't possible, of course, but hopefully in the future! For some reason, I have always wanted to vacation there. When we were at the airport in Cancun last summer I wondered how difficult it would really be to jump on the next flight to Havana. 3. Paradise Island, Bahamas - I want to stay in the luxury suit on the tower above the ocean at the Atlantis Resort. 4. A month-long Yucatan tour with Keith and all the Aveytua clan. I want to visit Merida, Cichen-Itza, Cancun, Xelha, and the list could go on. 5. Church history tour.

When was the last time you cried? This morning I cried hysterically and almost had a breakdown because I thought I had lost my wedding ring. I made cookies last night with the Young Women and took my rings off and put them in my pocket. My wedding ring was no where to be found this morning and after 10 minutes of frantic searching I woke Keith up. I think I kind of scared him a little with how hard I was crying. Luckily he found it in like 30 seconds (it was in the little pocket of my jeans that I had looked in 3 times already). Really, I had no idea I was so attached to my ring until today.

Five things you were doing 10 years ago: 1. Finishing my first semester of college. 2. Living at Stadium Way Apartments in Cedar City. 3. Trying to decide on a major. 4. Finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time (I know this is sad I hadn't read it until college). 5. Learning to live on only $150 a month (thanks mom, this was better than $0)!

Five things you were doing 5 years ago: 1. Enjoying being a newlywed. 2. Working as an Employment Counselor for the Department of Workforce Services (my first real job). 3. Living in our first apartment at Riverbend. 4. Buying our first new car. 5. Serving as nursery leaders in our ward.

Five things you were doing 1 year ago: 1. Living in our 4th apartment since we had been married at Fairstone in Taylorsville. (Note, we have moved again since then!) 2. Starting a new job as a Program Specialist. 3. Enduring the first year of law school with Keith. 4. Enjoying our second calling as nursery leaders in our new ward. 5. Helping Joey and Richard move at night in zero degree temperatures.

Seven of your favorite hobbies: reading, trying new restaurants, playing games, jogging, crafting, playing the Nintendo DS, sleeping. (Not sure if very many of those are hobbies? I need to develop some hobbies.)

Five favorite foods: Jr. Mints, Coke Zero (is that a food?), Pork Tostada Salad at Cafe Rio, California Rolls at go Sushi, my mom's Chicken Broccoli Bake casserole.

Seven places you've been: New York City, Washington DC, San Francisco, Mexico City, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Seattle.

Five Favorite Memories: 1. My entire wedding day. Everything turned out perfect. 2. College graduation. 3. Sitting on the beach in Cancun with Keith. 4. My honeymoon to San Francisco - again, perfect. 5. Standing on top of the World Trade Center.

So, I am tagging Brynn, Kristy, Marie and Sarah.

3 comments:

joey said...

I don't think I have ever thanked you enough for the help in the freezing cold...you guys are the best!

Gunderson's said...

Great to learn new things about you, a lot I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. :)

Casey said...

Your wedding was perfect--I remember it to! So glad you found your ring!