Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Join the Conversation

I read an interesting article tonight on lds.org in which Elder Ballard encouraged members of the church to use the internet, including blogs, to contribute a conversation about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He said:

“We cannot stand on the sidelines while others, including our critics, attempt to define what the Church teaches. While some conversations have audiences in the thousands or even millions, most are much, much smaller. But all conversations have an impact on those who participate in them. Perceptions of the Church are established one conversation at a time.”

Wow! Isn't this statement profound! Maybe now Keith won't think blogging is a complete waste of time. I found this article while preparing for an activity about the 2008 Young Women's Activity. I wanted to post this scripture, which is also the YW's theme this year, because it has inspired me to be a little better. Hopefully it will do the same for you!

Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen. Mosiah 5:15

5 comments:

Brynn said...

You are awesome!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Didn't really think about doing that, but a GREAT idea! Keith is lucky (or should i say blessed) to have you.

joey said...

I saw this on the church homepage. Way to go to be the first one to implement!

Gunderson's said...

You are such an inspiration to everyone. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Ashley, I read this right at the time I needed it. Thanks for keeping the big picture there for us to see.