Friday, February 8, 2008

Johnson Family Rock Band

On Friday, our ward had an adult social to welcome everyone back into our newly remodeled building. Keith is in the elders quorum presidency and they were in charge of entertainment for the evening. I was really surprised when he volunteered himself and his family to be the entertainment. Everyone in Keith's family is very musically talented, but Keith generally shies away from any type of performing. After Keith got home from his mission, he bought a bass guitar, but never really played it much. He ended up selling it to his dad not long after that. So, I was also surprised when Keith told me he was playing the bass guitar in the band because the guy who usually played was not available. I did not know what to expect. I was pretty nervous. Most of what I have heard Keith's dad play is pretty hard rock. I could only imagine this heavy metal band playing in our ward cultural hall.

Well, after only 3 practices, the Johnson family band played at our ward social and did such a great job! Everyone loved it and asked them if they would come back and play for 2 hours for a dance. I was so proud of Keith and his ability to pick up the bass and play in a band! He is amazingly musically talented, even if he doesn't think so. I felt like a little groupie that night, sitting in the front row screaming and taking pictures. Oh well, I had a lot of fun. Good job hun!
I also took some video and will try to upload it later. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Go Keith! I had no idea he was that talented with music. Looks like alot of fun.

joey said...

Maybe Keith will get famous and make a bunch of money as a musician, and then you guys can afford to move all of us to St. George. =)

Brynn said...

You should play the tambourine!

Casey said...

That is so cool. I had no idea Keith and his family were musical. Where has he been all this Sundays when Ian has done his solo gigs?

Gunderson's said...

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Hannah said...

That was a fun night! We were little groupies together! We can play Rock Band together as a family, a live performance with real instruments isn't much different, is it? :)