Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Love St. George!

This past weekend Keith and I went to St. George with my family on our annual trip. I had been looking forward to this getaway since Christmas. My secret hope for months was to be able to lay out at the pool and get some sun. I am happy to report I was able to spend some quality hours by the pool and got some much needed R&R.

Being in St. George brought back some great memories I have of Southern Utah from my college years. Here are some fun things I remembered:

* Shopping at the GAP with my roomie Sarah. She was (maybe still is) obsessed with the GAP. I sadly learned this weekend there is no longer a GAP at the Red Cliffs Mall.
* Sneaking into pools to layout (especially when it was still really cold in Cedar).
* Driving to St. George just to eat at Cafe Rio. The first location was in St. George. I realized this weekend I have been addicted to it for 10 years now.
* Going to the St. George temple to do baptisms.
* Hiking up the waterfalls at Red Cliffs.

Hopefully those memories will be nostalgic for any of my old roomies who read this. We are going to Cedar City in a few weeks for a girls weekend - can't wait! Please leave a comment of your favorite St. George memory!

Well, I hadn't anticipated taking a little jog down college lane in this post. We did have a great time this past weekend. I asked Keith what his favorite part of the trip was and he said it was either playing golf or the nice weather. My favorite part of the trip was our little hike in Snow Canyon.

Love you fam! Here are a few fun pics from our trip. I forgot to charge my camera battery, so I don't have very many. The top picture I took with my phone and the others are from my sweet sisters!

Snow Canyon

Dinner at the Pasta Factory

10 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like fun! St. George is always a fun place to visit!

Brangie Family said...

AHH!! So jealous. Those pics totally reminded me of our St. George run, with the waverunners, the red rock etc. We need to do a trip ash!

Casey said...

Loved the trip:) Can't wait for next year!

Gunderson's said...

Great pictures, sounds like a lot of fun. :)

joey said...

It was so much fun, is it 2009 yet??

Anonymous said...

You look like you could be in a GAP add in a couple of those pics! :) You both look great! Next time take me with, I'll take pictures of you!

Sarah said...

totally jealous! looked like so much fun. thanks for the fun night on friday!

Joe(y) Speredon said...

So....uh.... the anonymous person didn't leave a name. Creeeepy!

Sarah said...

update?

Brangie Family said...

You have been tagged by yours truly.
See my blog. How are ya hun!??