Sunday, June 29, 2008

Catching Up

I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to blog. (As you can see, I started this post in June, so I have had good intentions. My sister Casey gave me this brilliant idea to catch up! Here are the top 10 things I wish I would have blogged about:

1. Keith finished his second year of law school in May. I am so proud of him and all the hard work he has put into school. So crazy to think that in less than a year he will graduate. It seems like he has been in school since we got married.
2. Keith also was able to go to London for work a few weeks ago. I was super jealous I couldn't go with him. He was really busy, but had quite an adventure. For a few days after he got home he kept telling me he would love for us to live there. Hopefully, we can at least go visit there together sometime soon. Keith didn't get any pictures of himself in London, but here are some cool pics of the city.
3. I went on a fun trip with my girlfriends to Cedar City in May. We had a great time talking, laughing and catching up. I am so happy I went away to college not only for the education, but also for all the great friends I made. What would life be like without girlfriends to confide in, laugh with and cry with? It was certainly a weekend to find my center and relax a little more. I also had my first pedicure on our trip. Thanks ladies.


4. Family Reunions. June was a fun month of family reunions. We went to the Lyon family reunion and had a good time catching up. My favorite part was hearing all the stories of my ancestors and their journey to Salt Lake as well as of my grandma growing up in West Jordan. We also went to Keith's family reunion at Sundance. We had fun playing games with all the cousins and especially Keith's sibs. My favorite part was playing Bocce ball. Here are some pics from the Johnson family reunion in 2006. I will post pics from this year later.
5. Keith has been wanting a new TV for a long time and I have been wanting a new entertainment center. So, with our tax rebate we decided to splurge a little on some fun things. We didn't have the best time putting it all together, but in the end it turned out great. Keith also surprised me with a new surround system. Now all we need are some Blue Rays to watch on our TV (we only have Casino Royal).

6. New Work Schedule. Super big thanks to Gov. Huntsman for the new "Working 4 Utah" initiative. I will start working 4/10's in August. I am SUPER excited! I am most looking forward to going to the gym on Friday mornings. You can learn more about the new Utah State Government hours at http://www.utah.gov/governor/news_media/article.html?article=1724.

7. 4th of July. I absolutely love the 4th of July. This year was pretty easy going. We had a fun Crepe breakfast feast with Keith's fam and then went and saw "Hancock." Not the best movie, but entertaining enough. We had a small firework show later that night with a huge grass fire. I seriously can't believe how fast grass can burn. I was so afraid we were going to have to call the fire department. Luckily, a few buckets of water later the fire was out. Keith said he could have stomped it out with his feet, but I am not too sure of that. I can't wait for more fireworks on the 24th.

8. Camping. I went to girls camp the last week in June and had some interesting experiences. The last time I had gone to girls camp was in high school and I always remember it being such a great time... Easy going, lots of fun, very spiritual. This was kind of the opposite experience, but none the less, a good one. I had a good time getting to know the girls better and trying to be a positive influence. It did remind me of the funny pranks we used to play on each other from taking down tents to toilet papering. I miss being a teenager. One of my greatest memories of girls camp is when one of our leaders brought up a telescope and we looked at stars. I also remember him pointing out the Milky Way and being able to so clearly see how the Earth fit into the solar system. Pretty cool! That was over 10 years ago, but I remember that night so clearly. Hope you all have those fun nostalgic memories too!

9. Sarah's Graduation. Keith's sister, Sarah, graduated from high school this year. We had a fun day going to her commencement and then dining at Buca de Beppo with the Johnson Clan. I am so proud of her and miss her being around as she moved to Indiana for the next year. Love you Sar!10. Card Club. I went to card club last night and got a bunch of really cute cards. Here is a little sample of the cards I made this time. They aren't my greatest masterpiece, but I had fun being creative. I used stickers and paint and created a reverse monogram. I also painted brads and hot glued them to the card to create a more antique kind of effect. I absolutely love being creative and making paper crafts. If I could only find a way to make a living out of it!

8 comments:

Brynn said...

It's about time you updated!

Sarah said...

Its been forever since I've seen you guys. You are way too busy. :) YOu need to be less so we can do more together. Glad you've had fun though.

Anonymous said...

Thank the heavens you finally updated and put a picture of me on your blog. Wasn't too happy about you calling someone else Sar:) or do you just call me big VL

Casey said...

Missed you so much:) Come back soon and tell me more of what is happening with you. Love ya!

Gunderson's said...

Sounds like such fun... The cards by the way were just darling... :)

Talbot Family said...

Sorry this is random, I stumbled across your blog from my friend Maricela's, but I went to SUU with you. I think we both lived in Stadium Way. My maiden name was Ashley Pearson stadium way #35, I am now Ashley Talbot, I also remember Sarah who has posted on your blog. I loved seeing the pictures from Cedar and hearing what you remembered and missed. Sorry so random, but it is always fun seeing a familiar T-Bird face.

The Broughs said...

Hey Ashley! I can't believe Keith is already done with two years of school. Your cards are so cute too that you made. You and your sisters are so incredibly crafty! I am so jealous. Hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

I love your blog and the pictures make me smile. I am so glad you are a part of our family, Ashley.
Keith, I am proud of all you do.
love and hugs and kisses,
MOM